To really give a kick my breakfast series, I thought I’d list some links to previous posts that are breakfast worthy. Some are traditional items, but some are a little outside that box. Remember, the point is to eat at least as healthfully as your box of cereal has allowed you to do. Hopefully, a better goal is to eat more healthfully and to actually look forward to breakfast when you wake up!
Some of these recipes are gluten-free and some are not. I am in process of recreating some of my old wheat-filled stand-bys into gluten-free versions. I’ll post them as I have success. I’ve marked (gf) beside the recipes that you might wonder about, but left it off of things like smoothies, which are a little more obvious that they already are gluten-free.
Meanwhile, dig in to some great breakfasts!
- Pumpkin Pie (gf)
- Pumpkin Spice Granola (gf)
- Ripe Peach Blueberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Lemon Kale Smoothie
- Green and Not-So-Green Smoothies
- Coconut Milkshake
- Piña Colada Millet Pudding (gf)
- Spicy Vegan Frittata (gf depending on the soy chorizo you find – or leave it out or replace it with a substitute for a plain version)
- Baked Sweet Potato
- Cobbler (peach, blueberry, etc.) (both regular and gf options)
- Apple Pecan Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake (omit chocolate chips if you wish)
- Cocoa Banana Breakfast Cake (gf – a take on the cake above it, just add chocolate chips)
- Blueberry Topping for pancakes, waffles, or biscuits
- Southwestern Skillet (gf) – for a very hearty breakfast
- Cornbread (gf option) – muffins or in a pan
- Sunrise Cereal (gf option)
- Scrambled Tofu
- Roasted Potatoes
- Barley Flour Biscuits (wheat free) – just add gravy or fruit topping!
- Pancakes (gf)
Here are a couple of ideas that don’t require recipes.
- Peanut butter toast with applesauce (eat it like pancakes)
- Fruit salad
- Oatmeal with additions (pumpkin butter, apple butter, raisins, cinnamon, coconut, chopped nuts, dates, apple pieces, etc.)
- Hash browns
Keep an eye on this blog, because gradually more breakfast recipes will be added over the next few weeks.